News, Events, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Fashion, Beauty, Inspiration

Friday 26 August 2016

‘I NEVER THOUGHT I COULD GET MUCH TURN UP FOR BANGER’ - GIWAXY

Can we meet you?
My name is Giwa Olaleke, I am a student of lagos state university studying political science and I hail from Lagos State
Your stage name and how you came about the name?
Some years ago my brother and I use to do music together, you know there is something about x and y its always together for example our alphabets, mathematics they are more like brothers so we came up the name Giwaxy, while Giwa is my surname which implies two brothers in Giwa family. After my brother dropped music so I decided to adopt it as my stage name.
What genre of music are you into?
I do all genre of music, tomorrow might decide to venture into fuji *laughs* it depends on the market demands but professionally am an afro pop act
What is the title of your first track?
Sweetest baby girl, produced by Outrageous still one of the best song I've ever wrote and I am also planning on doing a remix
What were your motivation for it?
I think my motivation comes within, the thirst for achieving my goals and make sure my dreams come true.
What has been your challenges so far?
Finance is a major one and rejection, sometimes I feel like quitting but whenever I remember the reasons behind the struggle I overlook the challenges
What has been your parent’s reaction towards your musical career?
Supportive, am blessed to have such great parents, funny enough my mom is my biggest fan
Is there someone special in your in your life? You know what they say about successful man
No for now, I am more focused on my studies and my musical career.
Do you have a track for your fans?
Sure , I just dropped a freestyle titled Banger initially I never thought I could get much turn up but to my surprise I got thousand of downloads within an hour of release, the love was overwhelming and still getting more “you know wan hear you must to hear” laughs



It was nice talking with you Giwaxy hope to talk more some other day


1 comment: